Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Welcome home y'all!

As you can see, we've started our new blog, well because Life in Gettysburg is no longer for now. This transition has not been easy and continues to surprise us every day with new and unexpected challenges (like staying well-hydrated!), but all in all, we are enjoying our new life down here.
As you can see, we are officially "Registered Texans." We got our car registered, inspected and tagged today. It took us all day. They took off our PA info from our car. I guess we're really here now.
The "Ilana challenge" for the day: getting her to sleep. I don't know what I ate, but she did not want to go to sleep tonight. As of 10:26 (right now), I'm still not sure if she's completely down for the night. I think I hear her stirring.
I'll put a family self-take up as soon as we take one. For some reason I can't upload any pictures tonight. Sorry. :( I'll try again tomorrow.
Anyway - welcome "home" blog readers. We look forward to chronicling our time here, deep in the heart of Texas. It's hot, really hot. Current temp: 85 degrees, and it's 10:30 at night!
-H

2 comments:

Besther said...

welcome to the west! i like the new blog and will keep checking in! your adventure is so exciting!

Don Clark said...

So glad you made it to Texas okay. Hope you don't fry in that heat - it's a VERY comfortable Aug. here in Gettysburg. We miss you at GPC and ask that God will bless you all in your new life. Just don't forget to come back here in two years!
Best Regards,
Don Clark