Friday, June 26, 2009

When I die...

With all the hype today about Micheal Jackson's death, I have my own mortality on my mind (I know, this is not like any other blog thus far, but go with me for just a little bit).
When I die the news will probably not make a big deal about it, hopefully, no one will worry about what will happen with my children, NBC will probably not have a special report all morning on the last hours, the top 10 moments, or how I've changed culture, the world will not come to the myriad of places I've lived and leave flowers.
But I do hope that a few people will remember the impact I've had on their lives. I hope that Ilana (and any other children we may have) remembers me as a loving, gentle, self-sacrificing Mom. I hope that Paul remembers me as a supportive, loving and gracious wife. I hope that my family remembers me as a committed person - committed to our family and committed to our Lord. I hope my friends remember my smiles, my laugh and all the joy I have in life.
All these things make me want to live a better life, to live for today, to show those that I love how special they are to me. So, thank you, Michael Jackson. Thanks for reminding me to LIVE today and each day. Thanks for reminding me of what's important in life.

-H

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

I would remember WAY more than your smiles, laughs, and joy you brought. You are an inspiration and a dear friend and our emails to each other have saved me millions of $ in professional therapy. And those, my friend, those are worth way more than just singing a silly song and being able to moonwalk.

Anonymous said...

Dear Beezie,
These comments are a REAL inspiration to your Momma. You are a witness to God's Grace in my life and yours. I agree with Carolyn...You have meant WAY more to me and contributed WAY more to others lives than Michael Jackson. May God Bless you and keep you.

Love and hugs,
Momma

Lyndsey PIE said...

you ARE that person you described, and so much more heather! I miss you dearly and I do hope we can chat soon....!

<3 pie