Friday, May 8, 2009

Happy Birthday Daddy (Paul)!

Paul's birthday was two days ago, and we had a very fun day. I made banana chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast. After we cleaned that up, I embarked on doing something I had never had to do before (since we lived so close to Mom Miller) - I made his favorite cake (yellow cake with chocolate frosting). I must say I was pretty proud of how it turned out...all it needed was the birthday boy's approval, and of course he added one final touch...Perfect!! No candles needed. :)
It gave Paul motivation to finish the paper he was working on. In between meals and my interruptions, this is what he looked like all day (poor guy)...
But by 4:30 he was done with his paper. We went to the mail room where his surprise gift was waiting for us (it was just a knife sharpener - we're to the age where birthday presents become practical). Then we met some of our favorite students from the Rock Staff for their "Wasabi Wednesday" tradition at the local Chinese place. (I forgot to get a picture during dinner!)
We ended the day with giving Ilana a bath and after she was down we watched a movie. It was a fun day (except for the whole paper part).
Oh, and this is what Ilana did for Paul's birthday...

Happy Birthday, Daddy! Ilana's quickly caught on to what this means and she's using it more and more every day. She's becoming very opinionated. Happy Birthday, Paul! :)
-H

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Paul! Looks like Heather did a pretty good job on the cake. "NO" seems to be the same in every language. :-)) Love you all!

Nonni

Jillian said...

That's exactly what I looked like all day on my birthday, actually. Hopefully you're all done now too!

Carolyn said...

Happy Birthday, Paul!
Beautiful cake, Heather.

Alicia said...

Happy Birthday Paul! I think you have a little spitfire on your hands...watch out for her teenage years!

Alison said...

Good looking cake! I love the side-to-side head-shaking...now she needs to learn what up&down means :)

Lyndsey PIE said...

love the cake heather... happy birthday staph!!

sue said...

Hey Heather you made that!?

Ha Ha

C ya tomorrow