Friday, May 1, 2009

Where did April go??

So much has happened in April that I haven't been able to blog about until now...

The 4 of us went to Austin for Good Friday. We LOVED it and will gladly go back any time. We began the day at a dog park and ended it with a 5-mile walk around the river in Zilker Park. It was a blast! We had such a happy dog that day. Unfortunately, this is the only picture we have of our adventure.

Ilana wore my first Easter dress for her first Easter. This was after church, and it took a baster to keep her happy, but she was really cute.

We hosted an Easter luncheon in our apartment. It was a fun way to spend the afternoon and the food was delicious!

Then a few days after Easter, Ilana and I flew to Annapolis to celebrate her birthday with family and friends up there (Paul was super busy with projects and events, so he couldn't make it). We had a great time visiting friends and family...

being thoroughly gifted - thank you all for just giving money or gift certificates...
eating cake...(or getting over sugar comas)...and generally just having a great time!Thanks again, Nonni and PopPop for making the trip possible. We had a great time!

Then we got back and decided it was time to introduce Ilana to one of our family traditions, pancake breakfasts. Needless to say, she loves them!! (Doesn't she look so grown up in this picture?)
Ilana is growing up so quickly, it's crazy. She's definitely becoming opinionated these days and wants things her way. The only problem is she's not talking yet, so there are a fair amount of temper tantrums when I don't understand what that way is. It's been crazy around here recently! It's a good thing she's cute. :)
-H

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where did that first year go??? She is a beautiful baby with a wonderful Mom, Dad, and big brother, Moses. Love you guys and miss you all.

Nonni

Carolyn said...

BRILLIANT idea to take her shirt off for cake eating. Some foods are beyond the protection of a bib :-)

Alison said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog! :) We can keep up with each other ~ and know that Laura is keeping tabs on us both :)

I can't believe that a year has gone by already ~ it seems like just the other day I was reading the post that she had arrived!!!

Lyndsey PIE said...

I'm so glad that you and Ilana wer able to make it out to the east coast for a little visit. I keep thinking about how I ran into you at Gettysburg... it was the highlight of my week, and definitely one of the highlights of the month :) I just miss you guys so so much! I hope we can catch up soon :)

Alicia said...

I just can't get over how Ilana is growing! So happy to hear that your April was such fun filled one. Sorry I missed you AGAIN...hopefully next time we'll run into each other!