Thursday, March 11, 2010

Baby Update

I saw my nurse mid-wife today. She is FABULOUS!! Here's the update (I've totally stolen this "list" from another friend of a friend's blog that I stumbled upon one day):
  • How far along? 14 weeks
  • Total weight gain: 8 pounds, not too bad
  • Maternity clothes? a few here and there (thanks Erika!), on days when pre-pregnancy clothes aren't comfortable (and those days are beginning); I mostly still just fit in my larger clothes that I got right after Ilana was born
  • Sleep: getting better (especially now that Paul's home)
  • Best moment this week: hearing the baby's heart beat today; sometimes I forget that I'm pregnant until I'm super hungry or clothes aren't comfortable
  • Movement: maybe a little bit here and there...or it might just be gas...hard to tell; BUT my nurse mid-wife said that in the next few weeks I'll probably start to really feel the baby move - I'm so excited!
  • Food cravings: last night I had this snack: cheese, apples and a PICKLE!! I'm still craving red meat, anything salty, sugary or that will quench my thirst
  • Gender: we'll find out next month!
  • What I miss: a good glass of wine
  • Weekly Wisdom: I sleep better and go to bed earlier when Paul's home, so I'm glad he got home last night :) and use all 3 washers and dryers while you can, my weeks here are numbered!
Here is a belly shot from tonight. Yes, Moses was wrapping himself around me as tightly as he could (can you say over protective?).
When he wasn't busy "protecting" me from the evil camera, he was ... unamused by the whole photo session.

Crazy dog!
-H

8 comments:

Alison said...

Looking great Heather! Glad for the update ~ and I think Moses is funny :)

Heather Miller said...

Oh, and baby's heart rate is 152 - very healthy!
-Heather

Anonymous said...

Wow...Baby #2 and Moses look great!! Thanks for posting a belly picture. Love you guys,

Nonni and Pop-Pop

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Alicia said...

Heather you look absolutely beautiful! I'm so happy to hear that you guys are doing so well. I send you all lots of love and can't believe just where the time has gone!

Anonymous said...

Heather, you are cute as a button! Congrats on the upcoming addition!

Anonymous said...

Heather, you are cute as a button! Congrats on the upcoming addition!

Bethel said...

Heather, you look great! I know it's an old wives tale, but I am guessing girl #2... look how high your belly is! Mine was never like that, so I grew out of pants really fast.