Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Flying with a baby

Flying with a baby can be great and it can be horrible. I learned to just take it one minute at a time and just let Ilana be however she will be.
Going to Annapolis Ilana was great. She slept and played and was just a little angel. On the way home she was...a bit more challenging. It also helped that on the way up I sat next to moms on both of the flights. On the way home I was seated next to a 30-something single guy who obviously had no interest in kids.
Ilana was a mess. She would not fall asleep, she would not nurse. She was way too active for her own good (like all over-tired kids get). So, she was wide awake for the 3 hour flight from BWI to Dallas.
Dallas to Waco is a 20 minute flight. I was seated by myself, and wouldn't you know, the setting sun in our window forced Ilana to close her eyes and she actually slept for the entire descent and landing. We were taxiing to the gate and she continued to sleep. Poor thing, it was too cute I had to take a few pictures.

She's pretty resilient, though, she popped right back awake as soon as she saw Daddy, then got right back into her routine first night home.
-H

No comments: