Tuesday, December 2, 2008

I know, I know

I know I haven't posted any pictures of Ilana recently and I know you're all checking every day...looking, waiting in pure expectant hope that I will put one little picture of our adorable Ilana up.
But, I also know the deeper questions of your heart...for real. I know you REALLY want to know what the students are like that Paul's working with. I know you've just been on the edge of your seats waiting, desperately waiting, to hear about Baylor's students. Well, let me just say that Paul's working with the best students on campus.
The Rock Wall staff is amazing. The Rock staff has shift leaders - one has to be on every shift. They're an especially unique bunch. They meet once a week with Paul to go over any issues, concerns or announcements for the rest of the Rock Wall staff. So, right before Thanksgiving break they had a meeting and Paul asked Andrew (one of the most creative shift leaders) to send out an email with the announcements. This is what followed:
TO: The Rock Wall Staff
FROM: Andrew
SUBJECT: on the first day of thanksgiving vanilla gave to me

alright stop, collaborate and listen,
paul is back with a brand new invention.
something, grabs ahold of him tightly,
flowin' like a rock, daily and knotly.
will it ever stop, yo, i hope so,
i've got some announcements, so let's go.
to the extreme, we're not open tomorrow,
over the break, find some money to borrow.
prodeals. return the first of december.
turn 'em in now, even if it's november.
workin', at the rock next year?
turn in your app. i hope that's clear.
anything less than the best is a point in here.
love it or leave it, you better gain weight,
you better get some turkey, and clean your plate.
if there is a problem yo Paul'll solve it,
have a reflection conversation while my dj revolves it.
ice, ice pauly.
da da da da dadada da.
ice, ice pauly.

so if you didn't get all that you need to turn in your re app for next semester, sign up for a euphemistic employee review, not come to work on tuesday (tomorrow) and turn in prodeal bidness.

peace out.


How wonderful! Paul read this to me one morning and it brought a smile to my face (and I'm NOT a morning person at all!). Thanks, Andrew.
Well, I guess I'll post one picture of Ilana, just to keep you interested...

I'll post more pictures soon, I promise!
-ice ice Heather :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow...Nonni loves that new picture of Ilana!! The Thanksgiving announcement was pretty neat too.

Love you all,
Ice Ice Nonni