Monday, January 19, 2009

Blogging Resolutions

Well, many people make new year's resolutions, and usually by now they're gone, forgotten, or given up on. Well, I'm just about to start mine. I've never really made a resolution, never been into promising myself I'd do something, knowing that I likely wouldn't keep up on it, so I'd just end up frustrated with myself. But, this year, I've made one resolution. I think this is do-able, reasonable, manageable and favorable (for most)...I'd like to blog more often. So, on this, the 19th day of January, I'm going to start my resolution...
Christmas was crazy...a blast, but crazy. We went with great intentions to rest and see friends and family...some of those things happened...some. We would have loved to see tons more people, at the same time, I felt like we saw so many people that we could barely have a real conversation with anyone. (Anyone who's traveled after being far away from family knows exactly what I'm talking about, I'm sure.) We really did have a good time, though. Here are some highlights...

As you can see, Ilana loved the tissue paper and wrapping paper as much as (maybe even more than) the actual presents. She ate as much as she could until I would see her and remove from her mouth whatever I could get. Maybe next year she'll understand a bit more...
We spent a day at my brother and sister-in-law's with their two little girls. Caroline is 5 weeks younger than Ilana, so they're basically at the same stage. We're really looking forward to watching these girls grow up together. This year, they were both at the "everything goes straight to the mouth with glazed-over eyes" stage. So, we enjoyed this all day...
We spent a week with Paul's family, but took all those pictures on Paul's mom's new (VERY nice) digital SLR camera. We forgot to get those pictures before we left, so when I get them, I'll post more.

For Christmas, Moses went to Oklahoma with a friend of ours. He was thoroughly spoiled - 3 little girls who loved him and another dog with lots of land and house to run around in...I think he's depressed now, being back here. When we got back home, we gave him his presents...

The fleece jacket fits him perfectly. We can't wait for him to actually use it!
As you can see, Moses desperately needed a new rope toy...
He loves it!

Since Christmas, we've been settling back into our routine of eating...
playing...
working on our new milestones (standing)...
and we've even already packed up Christmas...


So, here's to New Year's resolutions. We'll see how long this one lasts. :)
-H

2 comments:

Lyndsey PIE said...

heather!

I read once a week for updates, and it's so nice to see what you have been up to. I would LOVE to catch up with a phone chat sometime soon, as much has been happening here in gettysburg. Let me know what time is good for you (and staph if he ever gets a minute!). you can email me at my gburg email piecly01@gettysburg.edu

Love pie

Anonymous said...

Nonni loves the new pictures! I packed up Christmas on Tuesday while watching the Inauguration. Love you guys and miss you!

Nonni