Wednesday, July 29, 2009

3 things

I recently read that you can tell a lot about a person by how they handle these 3 things: a rainy day, lost luggage and tangled Christmas tree lights. Well, I've officially dealt with all 3. Rainy days come once in a blue moon in Waco. I think I handled them pretty well. Paul and I happily de-tangled our friend's Christmas tree lights for them last Thanksgiving.
Today I'm dealing with lost luggage for the first time. It's no fun. When I travel with Ilana I only carry what is absolutely necessary to keep her happy, which means no deodrant, no clothing for me, not even my camera. According to Delta's on-line service (and the woman who called us) our luggage is on route to us, but it could be another 2-4 hours. Apparently there are a lot of other people dealing with lost luggage today, too.
Thankfully my mother-in-law is gracious enough to lend me anything I need. We're making the most of it! I'll never be more thankful to see my luggage again. But, I must say, I think I took it pretty well last night. It wasn't worth getting stressed over. Ilana and I had safey made it to Harrisburg and we were relatively happy, and a bit tired. I'm currently enjoying the hummingbird outside the window. I'm about to take a shower. What could be better? :)
-H

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

Oh no!!! Lost luggage? That doesn't sound fun at all!! I would totally be stressing...but that's just me. And Zach gets so mad at tangled x-mas lights that we throw away a few strands each year.

Thanks for calling last night. We were at the beach (it was 90 degrees!). Thanks for making the journey to visit us....Ada is going through Ilana withdrawal :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh Dear...not a fun way to arrive in Harrisburg. Sorry that it happened. Hopefully you had enough to keep you going today. Will they deliver it to the Miller's house? The same thing happened to me when I came back from Waco last August. They lost my luggage and delivered it to the house while we were at Les' Wedding. Oh well, I'm sure Ilana has plenty of diapers. :-))
Love and hugs,
Nonni

Heather D said...

Hi Heather! Nice to "meet" you in blogland:) I'm glad you enjoy reading my blogs, and thanks for posting the link! Hope you're having a great summer.

Heather